The population served are girls age 10-17 who are enrolled in Twin Rivers School District or live in North Highlands/Foothill Farms community. The girls selected for this program are considered at promise, resilient, and could benefit from increased pro-social opportunities that boost self esteem and improve self confidence.
LadyBoss facilitates listening circle's at multiple school sites twice monthly where girls are encouraged to share, encourage one another, and problem solve as a team. LadyBOSS coordinates craft projects at the conclusion of the listening circle. Examples of crafts include painting, vision board making, beading, journaling, and other self esteem/ confidence building projects. Trips are used as incentives for program completion.
How you can help
The ultimate goal of the LadyBoss program to improve self esteem/confidence in girls requires financial and in-kind support from a diverse group of generous community stakeholders. Examples of ways you can help include but are not limited to:
- Volunteers 2-10 hours a week
- Mentors 2-10 hours a week
- $8,000 (100 girls x8 sessions at $10)
- Food (Meals, snacks, gift cards)
- Gas Cards (Volunteer Appreciation)
- 110 Black Hooded Sweatshirts
- 110 Black T-Shirts
- Screen Printing Services
- Craft Supplies (paint, brushes, canvas, poster boards, markers, stickers, easels, paper, scissors, tape, ribbon, etc.
- Board games
- Gifts for girl prizes (jewelry, gift cards, journals, etc.